Last week we took an hour to recreate our own day spa. This week we can recreate a luxurious facial in the privacy of our own bathrooms. This facial was created by Susan West Kurtz, author of Awakening Beauty the Doctor Haushka Way. For an even more luxurious experience, combine with last week's day spa!
- thoroughly remove your makeup and rinse your face
- fill sink with warm water and add two to three drops of lavender essential oil and stir with your hand
- soak a washcloth in the lavender water, wring it out and gently press it against your face and neck for 30 seconds
- put one teaspoon of almond butter (from the health food store) and a few drops of lavender water in your palm; rub your hands together to form a paste
- apply to skin using a press and roll motion: press your palms against your forehead and roll them outwards.
- continue this motion moving down your face and neck until you reach your collarbones
- return to your forehead, and repeat the process for one to three minutes
Rinse and Tone
- Use another washcloth soaked in lavender water to remove the almond cleansing cream from your face
- rinse with cool water and apply toner (i like to use rosewater)
Apply a mask
- choose one of the following masks, depending on your skin's needs:
- to moisturize dry skin: half a mashed avocado, preferably organic
- to brighten a dull complexion: organic strawberry yogurt
- to rid pores of impurities: honey
- apply a thin layer to your face and relax for 20 minutes.
- remove with a warm, wet cloth, and rinse with warm water
- pat dry with a clean towel