Instead of reaching for the dessert, here are ten tips to keep stress away!
- Say no - delegate tasks to others; you can't do it all.
- Focus - do one thing at a time and forget the multi tasking.
- Turn off - one night a week turn off the phone & the TV and close the newspapers.
- Breathe - the old "count to ten" can do wonders to ease your stress.
- Create a routine - organize your chores for the week (check out Flylady's system).
- Start a to-do list - and use it! Enjoy crossing off each task as you complete it.
- Stop worrying - especially about things you cannot change or have no control over.i
- Plan ahead - plan out a week's worth of menus and shop ahead. You'll save money and the last minute "what's for dinner?"
- Don't bottle it up - share your feelings with your partner, other family or friends.
- Exercise - find some time for some exercise. Even a quick, brisk walk will give you more energy and help to take away some stress.
Labels: health, lifestyle, weight loss