Monday, April 6, 2009

Green Juice

One of aims for My Best Year is to really improve my health. I remember reading a while ago that Martha Stewart drinks a green juice every morning for health and vitality, and I was reminded about it again yesterday when I was reading one of Dr Sears' books. This morning, I made it up and I am planning to make this a daily habit.

I used a juicer to juice a bunch of spinach, a stick of celery, one carrot, one apple and one pear. I think mint and ginger would be a great addition, so I will try that over the next few days. If you don't have a juicer, then blend a bunch of spinach with some apple and orange juice.

post signature

image source

2 comments:

Allison D said...

How did it taste? Eating well is hard with little ones, at least at breakfast time, so this would be a good start for the day.

Chic Mummy said...

It's actually really yummy - it is just the colour that is offputting. I've also started making green smoothies as well; 1 banana, a handful of frozen berries, a bunch of spinach, and some low fat milk and yoghurt. this is really good for breakfast as it has some protein and more fibre.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations