Product Review: Resvitale Resveratrol

About two months ago I was asked if I wanted to try out a new organic antioxidant supplement that has recently been released at GNC stores throughout the US. I was sent a month's supply of Resvitale Resveratrol to review and see what I think.

Resveratrol is the antioxidant found in the skin, seeds, stem and vine of the red wine grape and is the reason behind the health benefits of drinking red wine. There are thousands of studies showing the benefits of resveratrol, and it is thought to be one of the main factors behind the "French paradox" (the French have much lower rates of heart disease than Americans, despite the high fat diet) which has puzzled health professionals for years.

There were three things I liked about Resvitale Resveratrol before I had even tried it.
  1. It is made from 100% certified organic ingredients.
  2. It is made from French grapes.
  3. One capsule is equal to hundreds of glasses of red wine.
Now, I am usually in favour of trying to get nutrients from their natural source, rather than a supplement. But the simple fact is, I don't really like red wine, and I am certainly not going to drink the 2-3 glasses a day that is recommended to get the minimum amount of resveratrol needed. So the idea of popping one small, organic capsule had me hooked.

The claims for the antioxidant resveratrol are pretty astounding; clinical studies have demonstrated enhanced energy, cellular metabolism and rejuvenation, and in the higher 500 dose, the switching on of the longevity gene. Just after I started trying it, I was watching a Dr Oz show, and he recommended the high dose for that very reason.

So what did I find? Well, after a month I can't say whether cellular metabolism is enhanced, but my skin is definitely looking plumper (in a good way!) and my energy is up. I liked the effects so much that I ordered a bottle of Resvitale's Collagen Enhance, which combines the same dose of resveratrol combined with collagen for increased anti-aging benefits. I'll let you know in a month if I liked this one even more!

ResVitale resveratrol is available exclusively at GNC stores and gnc.com for $39.99/bottle.

post signature

Disclaimer - I was provided with a bottle of Resvitale Resveratrol free of charge to review. All my opinions are, as always, my 100% honest opinions and are not influenced by the company supplying me with the review product.

Labels: , , ,