I've become really boring with the kid's breakfasts lately, relying on cold cereal, yoghurt and fruit, so I thought I would start mixing it up a bit. These five quick and easy kid's breakfasts have the perfect combination of protein and carbs as well as some fruit or veggies. Best of all, they are all ready in less than 5 minutes.
- Tex Mex Breakfast Burrito - beat an egg in a glass dish and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and then heat for another 20 seconds and then remove and keep warm. Top a wholemeal tortilla with a slice of ham, a slice of cheese (or 2 tbs shredded cheese), 2 sliced mushrooms and 2 tbs salsa and microwave for 30 seconds until cheese is melted. Add egg and fold.
- Banana Dog - spread 1 tbs almond butter on a wholemeal hot dog bun and add 1 peeled banana. Serve with a glass of milk.
- Greek Pita - spread 1/4 cup ricotta cheese on a lightly toasted whole wheat pita. Top with 2 chopped fresh figs and drizzle with a 1 tbs honey.
- Berry Nut Oatmeal - cook 1 packet of instant plain, unsweetened oatmeal as directed on packet. Top with 2 tbs crumbled walnuts, 3 sliced strawberries and 2 tbs frozen blueberries.
- Cheesy Tomato English Muffin - Open a wholemeal English muffin. Top one side with sliced tomatoes and the other with a slice of cheese. Grill (broil) until cheese melts. Sandwich together.