Flavoured Teas

Now that I am religiously enjoying my little afternoon tea break during the kids' rest time, I am also enjoying sampling new tea blends. I have fallen in love with Madame Flavour's range of teas, especially her White Tea and Rose, and Green Tea and Pear. They have just the right hint of natural flavour from petals and real fruit, rather than artificial flavour, and come in these beautiful looking silken infuser pods (see one in the photo above). I first tried these teas at a cafe, and was thrilled when I saw them on the shelves of my local supermarket.

Trying these amazing teas has inspired me to try my hand at my own tea blends. Here are two recipes that I've made recently that are delicious.

Minty Ginger

This is perfect for sipping on a cold afternoon, when you want a bit of zing to pep you up.

50g good quality tea leaves
18 pces Buderim crystallised ginger, very finely chopped
2 tbs dried mint
pinch of ground ginger

Mix ingredients well and store in a airtight container. Leave at least 3 days before using. Use 1 tsp per cup.

Masala Chai Mix

I adapted a wonderful recipe from Passage des Perles. Add a good pinch to cup of brewed milky tea.

6 tsp ground cardamom
6 cinnamon quills
20 whole cloves
3 tsp ground ginger
1 star anise
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp black peppercorns
1/2 dried vanilla bean
1/2 tsp dried orange peel (not candied)

Grind all together in a spice or coffee grinder. Store in an airtight container.

post signature


Labels: , , ,