Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

pleated poppy


Yeah! This week I did get a pic everyday! I know that there are a gazillion bloggers out there that manage that every week with absolutely no drama, but for me, it's quite an accomplishment.


Thursday was such a lovely day - the sun was shining, the sky was blue, just perfect for a day out and about with the kids. Black ponte pants and painterly silky top from Ann Taylor, with Dyberg/Kern necklace, Lambertson Truex tan bag and tan Lands End wedges.


I wore these Coach enamel bangles. You can't really see in this fuzzy iPhone pic, but the big bangle is gold, and the smaller one is silver, but I wasn't too fussed. I just love the multi-coloured stripes and how they picked up the colours in my top.


Friday was another lovely, warm day and I can almost feel summer in the air! Black cupro pants and black sleeveless long vest from Flower, with a black tank underneath. I wore a long art deco style bronze and black necklace from Ann Taylor, with a stack of gold bangles from Gap. Same bag as Thursday, with my super comfy Nine West black gladiator flats.


On Saturday I did not leave the house for even one second! So, no shoes, bags or jewellery for your viewing pleasure today! I spent the day doing housework, packing away most of our winter clothes, bedding etc, and making the house feel more "spring" like.


Sunday was spent doing my hour on the school fete stall, and then wandering around with the kids for a short while afterwards. Coffee back at my place with my parents and then a lazy afternoon, followed by fish and chips down by the beach for dinner. My kind of day! Navy layered tank custom made from Etsy seller ErinAlexandraKlym which also includes the necklace. I have a couple of pieces from here and will buy some more as my budget allows as they are very well made, totally unique in design and made to measure. I paired the top with dark skinny jeans from Ann Taylor and my favourite Nine West flats.







Monday I started my membership at Contours, a female-only circuit-style gym. I am planning to go twice a week when the kids are both at kindy. This pic was taken after going, hence the bright red face - I am seriously unfit! Basque black tank, Old Navy gym pants, Reebok Tone sneakers and Marc by Marc Jacobs tote, with my trusty Sigg water bottle. I came home and got stuck straight into housework, and then before I knew it, it was nearly time to go and pick up Stephen. I had a super quick shower, and then grabbed yesterday's outfit.


Tuesday and the weather took a turn for the worse. I know you have Indian summers; is there such think as Indian winters?  Because I think we are in the middle of one. We are back to full on winter - I'm talking rain, wind, cold. Tuesdays are mummy and me days for me and Irini. After dropping off Stephen, we go for breakfast at a local cafe, then to playgroup for the morning, followed by lunch with my parents in the city. Its just a nice day where the two of us get some one on one time. Black ponte pants and leopard cardigan from Ann Taylor, black tank and black loafers from Louenhide. The grey pearl necklace is from an old Etsy seller, Anneliese. I wish she was still around, because her jewellery was stunning.


Wednesday rounds out the week - I still can't believe that I managed to take a pic everyday! Today was another cold and blustery day - I'm certain winter is back! Navy sweater from Lands End Canvas, with dark skinny Ann  Taylor jeans. I felt like going for a French vibe (I just finished reading Ines de la Fressange's book, Parisian Style) so I went for black ballet flats, and my Louis Vuitton Alma bag. I think a bucket/duffle style bag would have been perfect, so I am putting one on to my wardrobe wish list.


Overall, I was pretty happy with my outfits and there wasn't much I would have changed. Here's to another week of pictures!


Also linking up to :

Momma Go Round











post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations