Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

 pleated poppy

Back again, for the fabulous What I Wore Wednesday! I have always tried to make an effort with how I look (the whole purpose of my blog, really!) but I really credit What I Wore Wednesday with making me take more care and attention with my clothing. I think as a mum, it easy to put yourself last and fall into a style rut, but I think it is a good thing to put a little bit of effort into how you look, not only for yourself, but your family as well.

 Thursday: Today was a nice lazy day, mostly spent at home, with a few errands in the afternoon.

Black stretch tank: Basque by Myer
Grey and black leopard print cardigan: Basque by Myer
Perfect bootleg jeans: Gap
Black heeled sandals: Naturalizer
Silver necklace: Ann Taylor
Horn cuff: Mai Tai Collection

Friday night: This weekend was the Greek Orthodox Easter, so today is Good Friday for our family, which means a church service in the evening. For Good Friday, you are expected to wear somber colours, and for ladies, you have to wear a skirt or a dress. I love this dress from Boden - it is a beautiful mix of navy, purple and grey silk, and it is so nice to have a "dressy" dress that is a little bit different, and not black.

Silk print dress: Boden
Freshwater pearls: Pure Elements
Gunmetal grey python pumps: Ann Taylor
Black horn cuff: Mai Tai Collection

Saturday: Irini and I went to a birthday party today, so I wanted to wear something a bit dressier than usual, but still practical enough for a 4 year old's party. These trouser jeans are hemmed for heels, but I wanted to wear flats, so some strips of double sided tape created an instant hem!

Purple, navy and white printed top: Boden
Wide leg trouser jeans: Ann Taylor
Dusky blue retro flats: Naturaliser
 

Sunday: Easter Sunday for us, and red is a traditional colour to wear on this day. These are the same jeans as yesterday, with their original, long hem, and this was the perfect outfit for a long, lazy Easter lunch at my MIL's.

Red print chiffon top: Old Navy
Wide leg trouser jeans: Ann Taylor
Gunmetal python pumps: Ann Taylor
Black horn cuff: Mai Tai Collection




Also linking to:

 









Momma Go Round
































post signature

12 comments:

mary said...

I love your outfits and my favorites are the second and the last one. ^_^

Mary, MI

Chic Mummy said...

Thanks, Mary. Those outfits were my favorite for the week as well!

Chic Mummy said...

Thanks, Mary. Those outfits were my favorite for the week as well!

Chic Mummy said...

Thanks, Mary. Those outfits were my favorite for the week as well!

Lori said...

I agree! I'm a mom too and moms Don't need to give up on style!! I'm adding your bog to follow, feel free to stop by my blog :-) I like your style selections! I found you through Fashion Friday!

Ruth said...

I love all your outfits. Especially love the necklace in the first picture.

Amy Powell said...

love your outfits! the red shirt at the end is amazing :)

hope you had a great weekend! {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

Megan, The Frugalista Diaries said...

love those blouses, they're so llovely

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love the layered pearls!

Nicole Feliciano said...

The trouser jeans are great on you. Thanks so much for sharing on Monday Mingle.

Jill said...

Love it all.

Emily Meyers said...

Hey There! I love your blog! I just wanted to invite you to come stop by and enter a fabulous giveaway I'm having right now!

Hope to see you there, THanks so much!!

xo, Emily

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations