This Apricot and Berry Crumble is fantastic when you have unexpected guests, (or, if you are like me, want dessert - stat!) since everything is from your pantry and freezer basics. This is so easy, that with 5 minutes prep, and some waiting around with bated breath while it bakes, you have a warm and comforting dessert on the table!
300g Frozen berries (no need to thaw)
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
825g can apricot halves in juice, drained
130g wholemeal flour
100g rolled oats
40g dessicated coconut
90g raw sugar
You can use any frozen berries with this crumble; its really great with mixed berries, and raspberries are super yummy as well.
- Pre heat oven to 180 C/350F
- Toss frozen berries with cornflour and sugar in a 2.5 L (2.4 quart) oven-proof dish. Stir through apricots, and then bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in Thermomix, speed 4 for 15 seconds (or rub butter with fingertips into other ingredients until crumble forms).
- Spread crumble onto of fruit and bake for a further 10 - 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Perfect served with custard or icecream!
PS: the pic is of the crumble mix before I spread it on the fruit - lucky I took it, since the cooked crumble was being dug into while I was getting my phone to take a pic!!
Labels: lifestyle, recipe, thermomix