Thursday, July 12, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

pleated poppy

Well, its been a while, mostly because I wasn't sure anyone was interested in seeing what I wore day in and day out. But I got a few emails asking if I could start doing it again, so here we are, yet again!! 

 I have been super inspired by the character Lemon Breeland in Hart of Dixie. I am just adoring her lady-like retro style, and am trying to incorporate more of that into my outfits, without looking quite as costumey/granny as Jamie King does playing her. You might have noticed the influence in a few of my past outfits (like my tie-neck blouse ones), but this is the first one where I consciously went for a retro vibe (while still keeping it somewhat modern!).

Blue boucle tweed coat: Basque by Myer
Purple merino sweater: Sportscraft
Fuchsia jeans: Gap
Purple and fuchsia wool scarf: Sportscraft
Grey patent oxford heels: Talbots


 You know I love my jersey dresses, and pretty much live in them in summer, but I love them in winter, too! Still easy to put on, and with tights and boots, they are just as warm as a long sleeved tee and jeans, and just as comfy, as well.

Navy, white and black jersey dress: Basque by Myer
Black suede boots: Talbots
Gold pendant and necklace: Linneys

 Another shot at ladylike retro, this time with a classic twinset, updated in a vibrant fuchsia. this might just be my fave colour at the moment, can't you tell!

Fuchsia merino twinset: Sportscraft
Blue and grey tweed pencil skirt: Sportscraft
Black suede boots: Talbots
Grey pearl necklace: Anneliese
Enamel bangles: Coach

 Today, I did not leave the house, and this is a perfect example of a lounging at home outfit for me. While there is always a place for tracksuits and yoga pants, and you will sometimes even find me in them, I prefer to wear things a bit nicer. You never know when someone will drop around, or when you will need to pop out, plus, your husband and kids are around you, and don't they deserve a nice outfit as much as the strangers at the supermarket? These slippers are one of the favourite things I own; they are so comfy, warm and toasty!

Navy and white floral shirt: Old Navy
Tuxedo stripe jeans: Ann Taylor
Wool felt slippers: Ekohaus at Etsy


If fuchsia is my favourite colour, then purple comes a pretty close second, and this blouse with its different shades of purple and navy is one of my favourite pieces.

Navy cotton cardigan: Lands End Canvas
Purple, navy and white blouse: Boden
Wide leg jeans: Ann Taylor
Grey suede heels: Ann Taylor
Lace headband: Diva
 

 Weekends are for comfort and lazing and lounging, and what could be more comforting than a velvet cardigan over worn in jeans?

Cut velvet cardigan: Flower Clothing
Black tank: Basque by Myer
Bootleg jeans: Gap
Black loafers: Louenhide
Key necklace: House of Harlow


Winter has definitely arrived and is there anything better than wrapping yourself up in a warm and snuggly scarf? When it comes in purple and fuchsia?  Nothing!

Purple merino sweater: Sportscraft
Bootleg jeans: Gap
Purple and fuchsia wool scarf: Sportscraft
Navy denim and suede ballet flats: Lands End
Enamel bangles: Coach


The final retro inspired outfit for the week! I am truly in love with this one which is why I keep repeating the elements over and over!

Navy and grey tweed coat: Basque by Myer
Navy merino sweater: J Crew
Wide leg jeans: Ann Taylor
Shield brooch: won at a raffle
Grey suede heels: Ann Taylor



This is a new purchase in the recent sales the department stores have been having. Its a lot shorter than I am used to wearing, but with flats and opaques, I think it is OK.

Ditsy print jersey dress: Leona by Leona Edmiston
Wooden bead necklace: Witchery
Horn cuff: Mai Tai Collection
Patent slippers: Talbots


Also linking to:

 










Momma Go Round



























post signature

3 comments:

Megan, The Frugalista Diaries said...

loving your style!

Xo Megan

Nicole Feliciano said...

Thanks so much for sharing on Monday Mingle.

Nicole

zipper front leather jacket said...

I always love to wear many difference dress in different time and occasion so almost all of yours style can be my favorite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations