There are various versions of vanilla no-churn ice cream out there on the internet, and so far, I've liked Martha Stewart's version the best, but to be honest, we've been getting a bit bored of vanilla, so I decided to try making a Fruits of the Forest version with some homemade berry sauce. It is really yummy, but I can't wait until summer comes and strawberries are back in season because while this one was great, I think strawberry will be even better!
If you don't have berry sauce on hand, it is easy to whip some up - just heat 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries with a few tablespoons of sugar and a dash of water for a few minutes until berries are soft. Cool before using.
Fruits of the Forest No-Churn Icecream
1 1/2 cups berry sauce
1 can (390g) sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon plum brandy (optional)
1 carton (600ml) cream
- Stir berry sauce, condensed milk and brandy together in a large bowl until well mixed.
- In another bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold cream into berry mixture.
- Pour into freezer safe container and press a piece of baking paper onto surface.
- Freezer overnight until firm.
Labels: food, lifestyle, recipe