This recipe does take nearly an hour in the oven, but there is less than 10 minutes hands on time; just prep, bung it in the oven and virtually forget about it! Also, I marinate my chicken from the morning, but it still tastes great even if you don't.
All-in-one Thai Curry Chicken and Coconut Rice
500g (1 lb) skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
2 cups long grain rice
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 cup pineapple chunks (I use fresh, but canned is fine)
2 red capsicums, chopped
1 small can (200g) baby corn bits
400 ml can coconut milk
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup frozen peas
- Combine chicken and curry paste in a glass bowl (or ziploc bag) and stir until well coated. Marinate in fridge if possible.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Place rice in 8 cup baking dish.
- Top with onion, pineapple and capsicum.
- Mix coconut milk and boiling water in a jug, then pour over rice and veggies.
- Spread marinated chicken in a single layer over the top. Cover with tight fitting lid or foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 45 minutes more, until chicken in cooked through and rice is tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with frozen peas and cover with lid (or foil) for 5 minutes until peas are warmed through.