Thursday, May 16, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

pleated poppy
This week has been a crazy, crazy week! It has been super busy, the kids and I were in a car accident (not my fault, and no one was hurt, thank goodness!), and I have just generally found myself a bit down in the dumps. But, it can only go up from here, right?! I recently had a total clean out of my closet, and I found that the narrower selection made a week like this so much easier. knowing that everything in there not only fit well, but mixed and matched, meant that I really could just grab items and go, without any stress at all. I'll be posting soon on what I did, so stay tuned!

I never thought I would wear printed pants, but when I saw these paisley printed cords, I fell in love! They are warm and cozy, and the print is subtle, rather than over the top, just the way I like it.

Wine knit: Jane Lamerton
Paisley print cords: Sportscraft
Black bead necklace: Witchery
Brown loafers: Louenhide

I don't know why I grabbed all navy, but once I was dressed, I really needed a pop of colour, hence the red-orange scarf.

Navy sweater: Lands End
Navy velvet jeans: Gap
Navy moccasins: Lands End
Red-orange wool scarf: Country Road



This sweater looks much more purple in real life than it does in the photo! It is a beautiful and rich deep purple, and while it is very light to wear, it is so warm.

Purple sweater: Eileen Fisher
Skinny jeans: Belle Curve
Black suede boots: Modern Vintage
Black horn cuff: Etsy
Black pearl necklace: Etsy

I'm not usually a pastel person, but I really loved these two pieces when I saw them, and pastels seemed like the perfect choice for the Mothers' Day High Tea at my son's class. I ended up changing shoes just after I took the pic, since just as I was about to leave in the morning, my heel got caught in a crack in the pavement, and the little rubber heel bit pulled off. Such a pain, especially since we were already running late!

Tweet white and blue print blouse: CAbi
Aqua tweed jacket: CAbi
Mini bootcut jeans: Gap
Gunmetal heels: Ann Taylor
Silver bracelet:Tiffany


The weather was so perfect today, it was almost unbelievable. The sun was out all day, but it was still crisp and cool, perfect for being outside.

Navy and teal print tunic: CAbi
Navy wool waterfall cardigan: Sportscraft
Denim leggings: Belle Curve
Black wedge boots: Wittner


See you all next week!!
post signature

Also linking to:










Momma Go Round







3 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Scary! Thank goodness you're all ok!

Nicole Feliciano said...

You are so great to capture so many looks from the week. I think you bring a lot of freshness to your looks every day.

raleve jesica said...


It is nice looking and quite slim. I think mens leather jackets on cwmalls.com are cool and slim looking, they are very suitable for these cool big guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations