Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

pleated poppy
Back again for another What I Wore Wednesday! We have been having my favourite kind of weather lately - nice and cool, but gloriously sunny - it really has been perfect over the past week! It was a mixed bag of outfits this week - some good, some that could do with improvement - and a few that really highlighted a gap in my wardrobe.


This top from Eileen Fisher is one of the most versatile pieces of clothing I've ever bought. I can literally wear it all year round - either on its own in summer, or layered over a long sleeved tee in winter - and the linen jersey just gets softer with each wear. I used to think that Eileen Fisher was just for "older ladies" but I am finding that I am slowly adding more and more of her pieces to my wardrobe, since I appreciate not only their style, but also their quality and ethos of the company.

Black linen jersey tunic: Eileen Fisher
Black long sleeve tee: TS14+
Skinny jeans: Belle Curve

Black, white & aqua scarf: Witchery
Black heels: Wittner
 

Here is another Eileen Fisher piece that I found on ebay. It's loose and comfy, and in person the draping and movement of the top is just amazing. But, the shorter proportions of the top means that I need to wear high heels with the outfit, so this is not one for running errands all day!

Grey jersey poncho: Eileen Fisher
Black tank: Flower Clothing
Skinny jeans: Belle Curve
Black horn cuff: Etsy
Silver necklace: Coldwater Creek
Black boots: Mimco


This CAbi tunic is really a summer item (made from chiffon), but I love it so much, and the deeper colours suit winter, so I am continuing to wear it, layered over a tee. I didn't realize until just the other day how perfect this wool scarf was for this top, but the swirls of colour are just perfect!

Print tunic: CAbi
Black long sleeve tee: TS14+
Boot cut jeans: Gap
Black wedges: Wittner
Resin bangle: Myer
Wool scarf: Sportscraft



Seeing this pic made me see that I really need to find a pair of slim cut, not skinny, jeans for my wardrobe. I think this outfit would've looked so much better with slim jeans.

Black jacket: CAbi
Print wrap blouse: CAbi
Skinny jeans: Belle Curve
Black horn cuff: Etsy
Black wedges: Wittner




Again, I think this outfit would have looked a thousand times better with slim fit jeans - they have definitely been added to my wardrobe wish list. Every time I wear this coat, I think of Once Upon A Time - can't you just imagine Mary Margaret/Snow wearing one just like it?!
Blue boucle coat: Basque
Camel knit: Ann Taylor
Skinny jeans: Belle Curve
Silk corsage: Etsy
Black wedges: Wittner


Burgundy poncho: Jane Lamerton
Purple tee: TS14+
Skinny jeans: Belle Curve
Black wedges: Wittner


See you all next week!!

post signature

Also linking to:










Momma Go Round







1 comments:

Jenny Moyett said...

Cute outfits. Love your jersey poncho.

Have a great week!

-Jenny
http://www.babblingsofamommy.com/2013/06/a-look-ahead-my-fffweek-wardrobe.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations