I made these Banana Choc Chip Cookies for the kids as a healthy lunchbox treat, but they have mostly been eating them as a replacement for breakfast with a glass of milk or a smoothie. With the oats and wholemeal flour, and the health(ier) sweetener, I have no problem with that!
Banana Choc Chip Breakfast Cookies
180g (6.4 oz) butter, softened
1 cup succanat/rapadura (or brown sugar)
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp bicarb (baking) soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup choc chips
1/2 cup currants or other dried fruit, chopped
2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- Beat butter and succanat in stand mixer for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and bananas and mix until combined.
- Add choc chips, currants and oats and stir with a large spoon until combined.
- Place heaped tablespoons onto lined baking trays (I use a 1 1/2 tbs cookie scoop), allowing room to spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned.
adapted from the recipe at The Organised Housewife