Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

pleated poppy

This has been the first week of my Madame Chic 10 (really 21) item wardrobe, and it has been both challenging and liberating at the same time. I think I picked a hard season to start - with both summer and winter weather over this season, plus the true spring days, I really need my wardrobe to do some heavy lifting to cover all those different conditions. I can imagine that true summer or winter would be much easier, and I think I may even be able to bring my closet close to the ten items.

This is one of the pieces that didn't make the cut for my new wardrobe. While I love the look of an oversized white shirt, the fabric wrinkles like you wouldn't believe - I'm talking ten times worse than linen - and it irritated me every time I wore it. Coupled with the fact it is not entirely flattering, out it went! I really like the rest of the outfit, though, so I will find ways of getting this look with the other items I have.

White shirt: Gap
Cropped jeans: Old Navy
Tan basketweave heels: Naturalizer
Braided belt: Eileen Fisher
Leather wrap bracelet: Ann Taylor


Some days in school holidays, you want to be casual and relaxed and not too dressy, and this outfit fit the bill perfectly. I am in love with these shoes from Oroton- the pointed toe is a great change to regular ballet flats, they are very comfortable, and the nude is super versatile. Plus, I got them at Oroton's annual 50% off sale, and they are that great I would have happily paid full price for them. I am seriously considering getting them in black as well!

Grey tee: Gap
Print knit track pants: Estelle
White, grey and black scarf: Myer
Nude patent flats: Oroton



Mostly spent the day at home, and then a quick ice-cream date with the kids, and this outfit was perfect - the tank and jeans were comfy, but still pretty, to wear around the house, and the addition of the shoes, bag and cardigan were quick and addition additions to go out.

Navy & white floral print tank: Old Navy
Navy and white striped cardigan: BIB
Cropped jeans: Old Navy
Nude patent flats: Oroton



A playdate down at the park by the beach was the perfect way to spend this gloriously sunny day. And for such and bright and sunny day, I needed a bright and sunny outfit!

Coral tee: Lands End
Orange scarf: Country Road
Mini boot cut jeans: Gap
Orange ballet flats: Tory Burch

After a week of warm and sunny days, it had to come to an end! Today was cool, and rained on and off all day, so navy seemed appropriate.

Navy striped tee: Sportscraft
Navy waterfall cardigan: Sportscraft
Cropped jeans: Old Navy
Navy ballet flats: Lands End
Green beaded necklace: can't remember!

See you all next week!!

post signature

Also linking to:



Style Elixir
Grab button for The Mummy Chronicles

6 comments:

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

You did awesome with these outfits! I especially love the floral with stripes and the orange. Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up.

Sherry said...

These are all great looks! AND all great pieces to transition from summer to fall. Great job!

Callie said...

Such great looks! You have some really awesome shoes. :)
~Callie
www.creationsbycallie.com

Jenny Moyett said...

Cute outfits!

Have a great week!

-Jenny
http://www.babblingsofamommy.com/2013/10/ootd-feeling-blue.html

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those nude flats are so fabulously versatile!

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

Can I steal your shoe closet?? Pleeeze??? You do a great job of nailing casual chic!!

Stopping by from fashion friday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations