Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Update to summer wardrobe

We are already two thirds of the way through summer, and even though summer officially ends at the end of Feb, here in western Oz, the heat will carry on for at least another month after that. My summer 10 item wardrobe has held out really well, and made life a lot easier, but I have felt the need to update it. I've packed away the Liberty print linen shirt until the weather cools down - although it is linen, it is simply too heavy for these truly hot days. I've also taken out the blue linen trousers and the blue and yellow print skirt as they are now too big, and are awaiting alterations. Since I am still losing weight, I will wait another month or so before getting them altered, as I might be better off selling these pieces if the alteration is too drastic.  Finally, I had a cull through my extras, and removed any tees and tanks that are now past their prime.

I've highlighted the new pieces in my list which I have purchased in the last month, all on sale, but all classic items that will last for the next few seasons.

update to summer wardrobe

 

For high summer, these are my 18 core items:

  1. white slim leg cropped jeans
  2. dark rinse slim cut jeans
  3. boyfriend jeans
  4. navy cropped trousers
  5. camel cropped trousers
  6. black print knit track pants
  7. print denim pencil skirt
  8. navy striped ponte skirt
  9. navy jersey sleeveless dress
  10. white, black and pink print cotton sleeveless dress
  11. grey and yellow print sleeveless silk blouse
  12. teal, navy and white sleeveless chiffon blouse
  13. black linen knit sleeveless top
  14. navy linen knit sleeveless top
  15. navy and white nautical sleeveless shirt
  16. flamingo print white sleeveless shirt
  17. blue, green and red Liberty print short sleeve shirt
  18. green geo print silk blouse
 and my extras:

Outerwear
  1. navy linen blazer
  2. navy stripe ponte blazer
  3. natural linen blazer
  4. coral blazer
  5. seersucker jacket
  6. aqua knit jacket
  7. denim jacket
  8. navy waterfall merino cardigan
  9. navy short sleeved cotton cardigan
  10. coral cotton cardigan
  11. aqua cotton cardigan
 Tees/tanks
  1. white, navy, coral, and teal plain scoop or v neck tees
  2. navy and white tanks
  3. navy and white stripe v neck tee
  4. navy, white and red striped tee
  5. coral floral print tank
  6. navy floral print tank
Summer wardrobe updates


As you can see above, this shirt goes with at least three of my original bottoms, the new navy cropped pants and I think it would also look good with my boyfriend jeans as well. The other three shirts also look great with almost all of the bottoms, and by utilising my accessories wardrobe, I can create lots of different looks.

OOTD


This is my outfit today, using the Liberty print shirt. I went all-the-way retro, with the cuffed jeans, cat's eye sunglasses and a slick of orange-red lipstick, and I have to say, this was one of my favourite outfits I have ever put together - I felt fantastic all day long!

If you want to know more about my 10 (18!) item wardrobe posts, check these out:

Can I achieve a 10 item wardrobe
10 item wardrobe versatility

post signature



Linking to:

pleated poppy



Style Elixir
Grab button for The Mummy Chronicles

post signature

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I definitely think all of the new pieces you chose will be very practical for summer wear!

Alyssa said...

You've got a very nice, classic style going! cute tops!!

alyssa
alyssabarnettbeauty.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations