Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday

Its been ages since I did a true WIWW post, so I thought it was well and truly time to rectify that! The first week at school is always full on, and so, so, busy, but it is still important to take a tiny bit of time for ourselves, and dress in a feminine and flattering way. If I leave it to the morning, it is all too easy to reach for a pair of yoga pants and a tee, so the night before, I take 5 minutes to pull out my outfit, including accessories, for the the next day. That way, getting changed in the morning rush takes just seconds.

What I Wore Wednesday


As you can see, all of these outfits are using pieces from my 10 item and accessories wardrobes. If you haven't tried the method out for yourself, I highly recommend getting a copy of Jennifer Scott's book Lessons of Madame Chic, where she outlines the process. I don't want to sound like a groupie, but this book really did change my life!!

You may also have noticed that my tops are more covered up than in the past. For example, on Friday I wore a white singlet layered with the shirt open over the top. In the past, I would almost certainly have worn just the singlet, but as my children get older (both my son and my daughter) I have been thinking about what kind of lessons I am teaching my children through my conduct. The reality is I see teenage girls walking around in skinny jeans and tanks, and I think "I wouldn't want my daughter dressing like that when she is older", but if that is how I am dressing, am I not being a hypocrite? It is certainly something I have been thinking a lot about lately, and I would love your thoughts on the matter!


post signature

If you want to know more about my 10 (18!) item wardrobe posts, check these out:

Can I achieve a 10 item wardrobe
10 item wardrobe versatility
Update to my Summer Wardrobe


Linking to:

pleated poppy



Style Elixir
Grab button for The Mummy Chronicles































   




Photobucket
 

2 comments:

Gam Kau said...

Love all the outfit choices for the week. I've also paired down my closet to a substantially fewer choices and I agree, it makes life so much easier.

Maddy said...

I love the shoe choices, I'm always looking for cute yet comfortable shoes! Also obsessed with the handbag choices!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations