This meatloaf recipe has been in my family forever, and is listed in my mum's recipe notebook as Meatloaf No 2, although whatever happened to Meatloaf No 1 is unknown!! This has always been a real favourite of mine, and it pleases me no end that it is now a favourite of my son as well! This recipe takes just minutes to prep, and then the oven does all the work, so is great for busy nights.
Plum Glazed Meatloaf
2 tbsp sugar
3 tsp dry mustard
3 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp oil
2/3 cup plum jam
750g beef mince (ground beef)
1 packet french onion soup mix
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 230C/475F.
- Put all glaze ingredients into a small pan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Put all meat loaf ingredients into a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
- Put meat loaf mix into a large loaf pan, then pour over glaze.
- Bake in 230F/475F oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 180C/350F and bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potato and steamed veg.
- you can also shape the meatloaf into a loaf shape on a casserole dish and bake this way.
Hope In Every Season's Homemaking Party
Labels: food, lifestyle, recipe