Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday


Winter is finally here!! OK, OK, it's still officially autumn here in Oz, but with the cold weather, rain and storms we've had this week, I'm calling it winter, and I couldn't be happier! When I've had the time, I've started posting my outfits to my Instagram, but I thought I would show them here as well!



Navy and tan, and spots and stripes are two of my fave combos, and this outfit has both!! I am in love with these Keds pointed flats - they are a slightly upgraded version of a classic, and so comfy. In fact, this whole outfit was about being comfortable and still stylish. The easy layers are perfect for transitional weather, but even as you remove warmer layers as the day warms up, your outfit still looks polished and thought out.

Navy merino waterfall cardigan - Sportscraft
Navy striped tunic - Avella @ Big W
Slim fit jeans - Ann Taylor
Tan bag - Kate Spade
Pointed toe sneakers - Keds



Today was such and grey and gloomy day, I thought that sweet pastels were just the lift the day needed! I think this outfit really demonstrates the power of colour and accessories; basically this is just a sweater and jeans, the mainstay of almost every mum uniform the world over. It could feel boring wearing a jeans and sweater, but in this periwinkle sweater and grey jeans, coupled with some colourful accessories, I felt anything but boring.

Sweater: Gap
Long sleeved tee: J Crew
Skinny distressed jeans: Gap
Pink handbag: Oroton
Bangles: Coach
Floral print shoes: Gap




Today was a "running around day", firstly at my son's first soccer game of the season, and then straight to a friend's birthday party, so the outfit had to do double duty. Blue suede shoes are not the most practical shoe for a muddy soccer pitch, though, so I took my trusty Hunter gumboots down just for the game!

Striped navy ponte jacket - Sportscraft
Grey tank - Eileen Fisher
Grey distressed jeans - Gap
Blue handbag - Kate Spade
Blue suede flats - Oroton



Despite being based around pants and a blazer, this turned out to be quite a feminine outfit for me today, and I got quite a lot of comments about it as I went about my day! It was quite coincidental that all the clothes were from Ann Taylor, but I am a firm believer that when you find a brand that works for your shape and your lifestyle, then stick with it. It's why you see so many AT and Sportscraft items; they fit well (I very rarely need to tailor them), they are definitely my kind of style, and they are well made. This blazer is older than my daughter, and it honestly looks as good as new!

Grey knit blazer - Ann Taylor
Floral print tee - Ann Taylor
Navy ankle pants - Ann Taylor
Blue bag - Kate Spade
Blue suede shoes - Oroton

See you all next week!

post signature



Linking to:

3 comments:

Gam Kau said...

Really lovely outfits!

Amanda Rodriguez said...

I love that bag in the first outfit!

Carly Walko said...

love it all..but with Memorial Day fast approaching I am partial to Navy.LOVE that first look. Thanks for linking up.
C

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Site Designed by Shabby Creations