Easy Last Minute Appetizers for NYE - Baked Brie and Antipasto Board

New Year's Eve is here tomorrow, can you believe it? I feel like I say this every year, but where on Earth did this year disappear to? I made these two appetizers for our Christmas party, and they were both big hits, so I thought I would share them now in case you are in search of some easy last minute appetizers for NYE.

Baked Brie

This baked brie is so unbelievably delicious I promise you that you will make it again and again, entertaining or not!


Brie in a wooden box - I used King Island Dairy's Cape Wickham Double Brie
1 unpeeled garlic clove, bruised
1 bay leaf, bruised
1 sprig rosemary, bruised
1 tbs olive oil

  1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
  2. To prepare the brie, remove cheese from box and discard foil wrapper. Line bottom half of box with a square of baking paper, enough to come up and over the sides, then put brie back in.
  3. Score the top of the brie into 1 cm diamonds using a sharp knife. Push the bruised garlic clove into the cheese, then place the bay leaf and rosemary on top. Drizzle with the olive oil.
  4. Fold the excess baking paper over the top of the cheese, then replace the lid of the box, tie with kitchen string to secure, and place on a baking tray.
  5. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Serve with slices of baguette and fresh honeycomb.

Antipasto Board


This is honestly so easy to put together, while looking amazing! This antipasto board is a great option if you need to bring a plate but don't have time to prep, and if you keep some of these items on hand, it is literally a five minute job to whip together if you have unexpected guests.



Three cheeses - try for a mixture of textures and flavors. I used a mild and creamy Camembert, a sharp and crumbly vintage cheddar, and a smooth and flavored cranberry Wensleydale. 

Two meats - this board has shaved prosciutto and sopressa, but slices of Italian cacciatore or even your left over Christmas ham would be perfect as well.

Pate or terrine - go for a high quality one from the deli. I used my fave, Maggie Beer Pheasant Farm pate, because it is a) delicious, and b) it's what I had in the fridge!

Olives - any will do, but I highly recommend ones from a deli rather than a jar.

Fruit - fresh fruit is what really brings this board to life, so again, go for a variety of colour and texture. I chose figs and green grapes, which are so beautiful here in Perth, as well as some blueberries left over from my dessert recipe. If it is winter where you are, then some lovely Bosc or Anjou pears would be perfect, perhaps with some dried apricots.

Crackers - the final element is some sort of crackers/bread. I used min lavosh and grissini sticks, but a freshly sliced baguette would be amazing as well.

Simply arrange everything on a board and serve. Too easy!!







Linking to these great websites here

Labels: , , ,